[78-L] Ted Wilson Musicraft pressings WAS Casa Loma "White Jazz"

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 22 07:25:21 PDT 2012

By the way, the Parlophone issue of Pied Piper was cut at a much lower level
than the original (no doubt to appease the Brits who were still using thorn
needles and acoustic machines) and the surfaces were nothing to write home
about. At least the American pressing is loud enough to drown out the mixture
of asphalt and camel poop. A lot of Musicrafts were reissued by MGM and
Allegro, and even the Allegro lps can sound better if they're taken from the
original 16" lacquers.

dl

On 8/22/2012 8:28 AM, David Lennick wrote:
> Artie Shaw's Pied Piper was issued on English Parlophone, and dubbed from
> something..can't imagine that 16" originals from Radio Recorders would have
> been shipped to EMI. Musicraft and Parlophone did have an exchange for a while,
> with Musicraft getting classical material.
>
> dl
>
> On 8/22/2012 8:10 AM, Julian Vein wrote:
>> I don't have any on 78, but have a few on Musicraft LPs and CD. There is
>> a little fuzziness, but they sound like they were dubbed from another
>> source (16" lacquers?), which were slightly worn. I don't think any of
>> the TW solos were issued on British Parlophone, although some of the
>> band sides were.
>>         Julian Vein
>> ===================
>>
>> On 22/08/12 12:55, Tim Huskisson wrote:
>>> Hello Inigo,
>>> I can't find any evidence that these sides were issued on (British)
>>> Parlophone. Do you happen to have catalogue numbers for any of them?
>>>
>>> Many thanks
>>>
>>> Tim Huskisson

>>> 4 om 5461
>>> 3 om 5462 b