[78-L] Pre-recorded DAT..ever seen one?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 21 13:39:08 PDT 2012

The CBC recorded at 48.1 and I believe the BBC did as well. Intersound provided
me with a JVC recorder, consumer model, which as I may have mentioned would
record only at 48 from analog inputs and I had nothing digital to feed it
anyway..this was in '92 when EVERYTHING was expensive including new CDs and
blank DAT tapes. Today I can transfer anything and my stand-along HHB cd burner
does automatic rate conversion.

Oy, those Sony machines. Doorstops. A lot of people used them in the early days
and never wound the tape to zero so you wouldn't have an absolute time code,
and sometimes would start the recording RIGHT at the beginning of the
tape..ever tried to add a start tone to one of those so you can copy it?

My Panasonic 3700 died years ago. I've been using Tascams since then.

dl