[78-L] OBC albums on 78

Jack Raymond jraymond at alumni.princeton.edu
Thu Aug 16 19:34:17 PDT 2012

As it happens, an expanded edition of SHOW MUSIC ON RECORD (covering
shows up to 2011) is now in the works and will be on the website of the
Library of Congress within a few weeks.  It will allow you to search
shows by year; but when a show was originally issued on both 78 and LP,
it is only the LP edition that is listed, along with any subsequent CD
edition.  The purpose of the book is to indicate what recordings are out
there, not all the formats and editions have been released.

My own data indicate that the last 78 editions of show albums were
issued in 1953 -- Wonderful  Town (Decca), Me and Juliet (RCA), Kismet
(Columbia),  Ford 50th Anniversary TV Show (Decca), and Arthur Godfrey's
TV Calendar Show (Columbia).

-- Jack Raymond

>>> 78-L at klickitat.78online.com