[78-L] spider web logo

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 10:18:11 PDT 2012

Just looking at the spider web logo recently, on the back of some 12"
vinyl records. These look like the audio elements of some Chevy training
materials of the early 1940s. Haven't listened yet.

But I digress. Looking closely the "depth" of the image seems to be
simulated by the width of the edge around the letters. The spider web
detail is very thin. Then I got to wondering, how was the stamper for
these records created? I assume some kind of photographic process, like
printing a photo in a newspaper?

Has anyone ever seen a stamper for these?

(never figured out why this would appear attractive. Spiderwebs. Who is
in love with those?)
--
Joe Salerno