[78-L] Virginia Jazz Orchestra

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Sat Aug 11 10:23:28 PDT 2012

I agree - it's not in ADBD or the newer ADB.
This is probably a French Band on a French recorded label, in which case
it wouldn't be in either American discog. I thought it might be a
pseudonym for a US band (neither ADBD or ADB lists band pseudonyms,
unfortunately) but it seems not. Some European labels commonly used US
sounding artist pseudonyms on their locally produced labels in order
to... sell records! Except for the British, who'd dump the US name in
favor of, say, The Piccadilly Players or The Majestic Dance Orchestra,
etc., to appeal to national pride in order to... sell records!
You might ask Michel Ruppli, if he's still around. He may be able to
steer you.
Mal

*******.