[78-L] Goofy

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Sun Aug 5 11:48:42 PDT 2012

On 8/5/2012 9:42 AM, David Lewis wrote:
> Thank you Mark Bardenwerper, for digging up this info as to Ken Moyer's whereabouts during these years. This record is so bizarre that I'm surprised no onewas in pursuit of him earlier, as they were for Frank Teschemacher. But of course, Tesch had a legndary reputation among players who would later score reknownin the Swing Era. Interest in Tesch was not based on his records alone.
>
> Uncle Dave Lewis
> uncledavelewis at hotmail.com

It is a rather sad note in history when one comes up with a talented
person such as Ken who was swallowed up by the depression. With the
utter collapse of the entertainment profession following the demise of
theater entertainment, records and the early jazz era, there was a chasm
of several years between there and the swing era that some failed to
cross. I think that is as good a summary as we can come up with, unless
we find more info, such family archives.

With my study of Lou Breese's career, I come up with a similar gap. It
was a hard time. Lou found himself out of Minnesota and New Orleans. The
next record of his work is in Buffalo, several years later. He was
bright, a talented and educated leader with more than one arrow in his
quiver. Even top notch musicians must have found themselves up against
it in those interim years.

Another example would be the father of our neighbor, Harv Cox, who died
several years ago at a ripe age. He played with Gene Autry for a time,
was very talented. He headed country western bands that traveled
throughout the midwest during the depression. They were never recorded
until the 70's and are basically forgotten except for a few brief
mentions in dedicated books.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.