[78-L] styli

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 4 07:42:14 PDT 2012

I still (really really) hate the N78S but I actually found it useful on one
disc a few months ago. Can't remember which one. The main problem with the N78S
is that it won't take ANY realistic tracking force required for 78s. If you
have pristine mid 50s pressings, it might be suitable for them.

I purchased a 2.1 TE Stanton (genuine) stylus in 1999 and it's still my most
used stylus. I also managed to obtain an unused SS35E from someone who had a
spare, but the originals hold up incredibly well..I have one still in use that
I initiated in September 1992 (stuck the date on the back of the mount so I'd
know which was the newer one at that time).

dl