[78-L] 17 1/2" transcription blanks

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jul 29 12:22:55 PDT 2012

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> February 1949, no? Interesting to note that several early
> RCA lps have D-(1949) prefixes, so they were obviously
> preparing to "join 'em" before 1950. dl

I can't get to my copies of the ledger sheets right now, but I think the
changeover in the speed of tests bringing the Madame X speed up from 40
to 45 RPM took place in 1943.  They were also making comparison
microgroove tests at 33 1/3 to show how much better 45 would be.  They
were usually using audio from the NBC broadcast lines.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com