[78-L] Frequency Response/Range for 78's

Philip Carli Philip_Carli at pittsford.monroe.edu
Sat Jul 28 15:16:53 PDT 2012

I would say as a musician that complementary overtones can be "heard", or at least sensed, through the exit of the playback or amplification medium, depending upon the materials of the speaker/instrument or what have you, and the sometimes indefinable aspecta of individual hearing.  In hearing and recording studies, perceptual quality is difficult to quantify, at least in my experience.  That has been part of the "fidelity" debate going back through the history of recording. Philip Carli