[78-L] Ediison Diamond Disc Surface Noise

Robert Groth marlowhardy at msn.com
Sat Jul 28 13:04:27 PDT 2012

I have a problem playing Diamond Discs on my CVS-14 turntable.  I've been using a Stanton D-500 cartridge which plays great on lateral groove 78s.  I can't really discern much of a difference when I switch to vertical before playing; it still sounds like a V- record.  I don't have an equalizer; and any suggestions that I purchase one in order to solve this problem would be unfortunate from a financial perspective.  My guess is that the problem is directly related to the stylus.  I would appreciate any advice from list any member with a solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Robert Groth