[78-L] Somebody Needs to Step in and Educate this Guy

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Sun Jul 22 18:19:57 PDT 2012

But, but... there are more matrix series that never appear in the
existing Gennett ledgers! One is a second NY matrix series on the US
Starr label that begins c. 1917 (or possibly even earlier), with matrix
number "1", issue number as yet unknown.
The second matrix series also begins with "1" - although the earliest
documented is actually "53", issued on Gennett 4702 - and comprises
issues imported from Europe for US pressing and distribution by Starr.
Then there is a 1000 matrix series out of NY, beginning c. 1916. It runs
to matrix 1470, c. 1918.
None of these series appear in the main NY and/or Richmond ledgers.
Do you have any info on the unknown disc? Title(s) and artist(s) maybe?
Perhaps I can fill in the blanks.
Malcolm

*******