[78-L] How to date Columbia Stellar Quartette/ Andrea Sarto recordings from 1913/4

Eric Hollis eric.hollis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 14:09:44 PDT 2012

Dear Folks,
Apologies for cross posting...I posted this on the ARSC list also...

I have a 12" 78 record that I would like to date. I know that it was made
before January of 1914, because it was played publicly on Jan 4, 1914.
The record is a Columbia Record.
Side 1: A5569 (36945) "Our King is Marching On" sung by Columbia Stellar
Quartette
Side 2: A5569 (36944) "Stand Up For Jesus" sung by Andrea Sarto
The online sources that I found for Columbia list this record (A5569) as
"unissued". But I have two copies of the record. I suspect that it was made
as a private pressing, and that all copies were purchased by one buyer.
Any ideas as to how to date this record?
Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Eric Hollis