[78-L] Show Pan

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 08:57:38 PDT 2012

Matthew, I don't know about recordings of this work specifically, but
some pianists other than the 2 you list, who were renowned for their
Chopin interpretations, and who vary GREATLY, are:

Rachmaninoff
Rosenthal
Lhevinne (FABULOUS recording of the Revolutionary Etude)
Levitsky
Hofmann
Rubinstein
de Pachmann.

Just to name a few. The good thing about such a popular work is that
there is no shortage of performances, and most of them should not be so
rare as to cost you a fortune on 78s.

Glad you are branching out!

Might I also suggest you hear the first and last Etudes, C Major and c
minor respectively, and especially the one in a minor "Winter Wind".
Chopin didn't name these himself, publishers do this kind of thing to
sell music.

joe salerno

--
Joe Salerno