[78-L] Fairies (serious question!)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 8 08:09:28 PDT 2012

It's definitely there, with a fairly lengthy introduction (An Evening with
Beatrice Lillie). My copy is in storage so I can't check the composer credits.
The surprise was in finding another setting I hadn't known about (and wouldn't
have, if I hadn't been keeping a transfer of this "Cheerio" album for myself).

For those keeping score, there's also a straight version of "The Fairy Pipers"
by Sigrid Onegin on Brunswick, years before Danny Kaye murdered that one. And
then Abe Burrows came up with "The Pansy In My Garden", which he subtitled "The
Baritone's Revolt".

dl