[78-L] What is the Meaning of This - The Sportsmen Quartet

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 3 21:39:07 PDT 2012

The Sportsmen were on Decca in the early 40s.."What Do You Do in the Infantry"
is a great a capella performance. They also did at least one side for World
Transcriptions (owned by Decca) of Christmas Carols. And they're on Phil
Harris's "Smoke Smoke Smoke" on Victor, uncredited.

The permission thingy refers to You Can't Be Through, Dear which was a German
song liberated by the Allies. Similar designations show up on some versions of
Lili Marlene.

dl