[78-L] Marconi Records with Sleeves

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Jun 22 06:43:05 PDT 2012

From: Clifford Bolling <78records at cdbpdx.com>

> The sleeves are blank on the reverse with no holes.
> Each sleeve has a small square of waxed paper glued to the inside covering the hole.
> The first 2 of the waxed paper centers are intact, the other 2 have small tears in the middle.

I was wondering why the labels seemed so indistinct in the photos when
they are in the sleeves but just fine in the label photos.

> Also, the 4 little 'flourishes' are different on the first sleeve than the other three.
> They are made from lightweight cardboard rather than paper.  CDB

This is good to know for my research on the history of sleeves. The
regular Columbia sleeves were always a little more heftier than most
other companies, but they were made from the bluish paper that cracks
and breaks off so easily.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com