[78-L] Sidney Bechet question

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jun 22 00:26:58 PDT 2012

On 22/06/12 04:26, David Lennick wrote:
> I don't have Lord online any more. Does it list Sidney Bechet's LA NUIT EST UNE
> SORCIERE? I could use a date (Paris 1953, as far as I know) and early issues (I
> know of Vogue LD 190 and London International WV 91050 (don't care about
> subsequent CD incarnations).
>
> dl

 From Lord 10.0:

Sidney Bechet With Symphonic Orchestra:
Sidney Bechet (sop,comp) acc by Symphonic Orchestra , Jacques Bazire
(dir) James "Buster" Tolliver (arr) + others unknown
Paris, May 18, 1953
     La nuit est une sorciere    Vog (F)LD190, CSB2(ed), CLVLX255, London
         (E)WV92050, Vog (F)34142 [CD], (G)69552 [CD],
         (Eu)84252 [CD]
Note: On the London LP the spoken introduction is missing.
This piece composed by Bechet is a ballet.

      Julian Vein