[78-L] Bix's 'Rhythm king' 'digitally remastered from the original analogue tapes' per the Bix Society....

Ron Fial ron at fial.com
Tue Jun 19 13:04:03 PDT 2012

Hmmmm.. how can these be 'original tapes' for a 1928 recording?   I thought there was no tape in 1928.
Thanks,

    Regards,
    Ron Fial

[78-L] Bix's 'Rhythm king' 'digitally remastered from the original analogue tapes' per the Bix Society....
Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com

I just saw the following post on Facebook with the link to a YouTube video
of the recording.  Also surprising is the uncorrected misspelling of his
surname.  (I posted a gentle historical correction to the post though.)

Check out this new video featuring a 1928 recording of "The Rhythm King" by
Bix Biederbecke and His Gang. The song was digitally remastered from the
original analogue tapes,
and the video features several photos of Bix and some of the musicians he
worked with. How many of Bix's records do you own?

__Royal Pemberton