[78-L] books on DAR

David Sanderson dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com
Sun Jun 17 06:13:57 PDT 2012

On 6/16/2012 8:47 PM, Mark Bardenwerper wrote:
> On 6/16/2012 5:29 PM, neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com wrote:
>> Are there any good books on digital audio restoration? I see one from
>> 1998 on Amazon and ebay, and they want a lotta money for an ancient (in
>> computer terms) book.
>>
>> I've found no others. Have I missed one somewhere?
> Tracertech has DVD's and even a training program for audio restortation,
> archiving and forensics
> http://www.tracertek.com/cms-display/Welcome_To_The_Tracer_Technologies_Learning_Annex!.html
> Turns out I have an unused piece of equipment in my stash I could be
> using. A Maya 44 sound card.

I've been using DCart for years with reasonable success. Tracer has some
good documentation on restoration, having done several CD's worth
themselves. The DCart manual includes a step-by-step for restoring 78's.
There is also a user forum, where issues and techniques are discussed.
I'm not familiar with the Magix software, but it sounds unreliable and
hard to use, less automatic than it claims.

--
David Sanderson
East Waterford Maine
dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com