[78-L] magix software..... messages

Alan Bunting alanbuntinguk at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 11:05:02 PDT 2012

Lenny,

If you do decide to try CD Architect (which I only mentioned in response to a specific question from Don Cox regarding track spacings), please read its specifications very carefully before you purchase and be absolutely sure it will do what you want.  It is a professional program specifically for creating and burning CDs using already existing .wav or mp3 audio files - IT IS NOT a complete package like magix which will create these files from the original records, tapes etc. in the first place. When I said it would do "everything you could possibly want" I was referring to assembling the CD from existing audio files, not making the files in the first place.

Also (and this won't affect Lenny), being a fairly old program, it will not create or handle the DDP files now commonly used by the record industry for CD masters, although it will convert a complete CD file it has created into a  .wav image file which can then be used by other programs to create DDP files. Before anyone asks, I use Sonoris CD Creator for this.

I must confess I haven't fully understood why Lenny couldn't achieve what he wanted with Nero as, assuming that he has converted the LP sides he wants on a CD into a number of .wav files of various sizes, then the audio CD section of Nero Smart Essentials (free with many new computers) can create a CD up to 80 minutes long simply by using the "add" button and then dragging and dropping them into the "My Audio CD" window

Alan Bunting