[78-L] V-Disc Dating Information. Second Attempt.

OKIN EARL spats47 at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 12 05:45:55 PDT 2012

Hi!

Not owning the V-Disc discography, I'd assumed that the tracks would
be list by V-Disc numbers. I stand corrected.

Well, here's a list of which tracks I have, with V-Disc numbers afterwards.
Unless otherwise stated, these are normal V-Discs.
I'll mention any Navy V-Discs.

Again, any dates of recording would be gratefully received!

'COUNT' BASIE.
Gee Baby! Ain't I Good To You. 552.
On The Upbeat. Navy 248.

SIDNEY BECHET.
Bechet Parades The Blues (St. Louis Blues). 753.

LARRY CARR.
If I Had You. 782.
Old Devil Moon. 782.

HARRY COOL.
Derry Derry Dum. 685.
Just The Other Day. 685.

BING CROSBY.
Too Romantic. 484.
All You Want To Do Is Dance. 484.
Sioux City Sue. 685.

JIMMY DORSEY.
King Porter Stomp. 514. Navy 274.
Together. 514.

GEORGIA GIBBS.
On The Sunny Side Of The Street. 685.

BENNY GOODMAN.
Ev'ry Time. 485.
You Brought A New Kind Of Love To Me. 485.
After You've Gone. Navy 117.
King Porter Stomp. Navy 117.

WOODY HERMAN.
Lover Man. 552.

LENA HORNE.
I Can't Give You Anything But Love. 782.
'Deed I Do. 782.

HARRY JAMES.
September In The Rain. 518.
9:20 Special. 518.

GENE KRUPA.
Dark Eyes. Navy 267.
Wire Brush Stomp. 267.

PEGGY LEE.
What More Can A Woman Do. 484.
You Was Right, Baby. 484.

FREDDY MARTIN.
Lily Belle. 514. Navy 274.

'RED' NORVO.
Lagwood Walk. 426.

ARTE SHAW.
Cross Your Heart. 248.
When The Quail Come Back To San Quentin. 248.

'STUFF' SMITH.
Stop, Look, Listen. 426.
Humoreque. 426.

MUGGSY SPANIER.