[78-L] Berliner reproductions

marimbamoods at comcast.net marimbamoods at comcast.net
Fri Jun 8 18:36:15 PDT 2012

but shellac is lower in carbs . . .

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault at bu.edu>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2012 9:32:56 PM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Berliner reproductions

The disk is probably made from the same stuff they are doing DDs from. My
guess is that they took a Berliner, covered the surface with a silicone
impression material that, once set preserves all the surface details. They
would then use this as a mold into which the resin would be cast. I've done
this with Little Wonder records and cast them in Chocolate. They will play
and are tasty too.

Ron L