[78-L] Berliner reproductions

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Jun 8 13:33:49 PDT 2012

From: Mike Daley <mikedaley at gmail.com>
> Are you talking about the Gakken Gramophone Kit?
> http://the-gadgeteer.com/2008/08/29/gakken_premium_gramophone_review/

That is a MACHINE.  Joe is talking about RECORDS:
>> I've been seeing Berliner repros on ebay, listed as such. No scam here.
>> I'm just wondering who made these and for what purpose?  Joe Salerno

Of course if Joe had put a LINK to an example of what he is talking
about instead of keeping us guessing, that might have helped.  I think
he means this:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Berliner-Record-060-Marching-Through-Georgia-NEW-COPY-REPRODUCTION-/130709271985?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6ee135b1

There are cylinder reproductions and Edison Diamond Disc reproductions
also being made.  They give you something playable that is rare and very
expensive in the original, especially in the case of the cylinders.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com