[78-L] Spiral Core blank.

Thomas Edison edisonphonoworks at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 09:24:09 PDT 2012

This month I have been busy as a bee molding up new blanks with new equipment.  The new brown wax, 2 minute blanks have a spiral core like the originals, they function and look great!   As you know, I always try to make things better, and I think everyone going to the Union show will be pleasantly surprised!  It has taken many years of research for this to come to fruition.  The wax is very authentic to Jonas Aylsworth's specifications from 1889-1911 for brown wax blanks.   Many have mentioned that the color of a blank changes because of variations in content, and this is not true!  You also can not tell the age of the blank by how light or dark the wax is, the formula I make may only vary less than one tenth of a gram, from batch to batch, and made of the same ingredients, however  the colors range from white to dark brown, using the same formula.   In fact during a 6 hour molding session with a single batch of wax, I note that the first cylinders come out very light and by the end of the shift, are a very deep chocolate brown.   You can see an example of the new blanks on my website.     http://members.tripod.com/edison_1/index.html   Weather you like me or hate me, you have to agree these are nice!!!