[78-L] Rozsa dates

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon May 28 21:09:12 PDT 2012

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Interesting. The EP back liner I was referring to has no prefixes at all
> so it didn't indicate doubles.  dl

Capitol album numbers don't mean anything without the prefixes.  They
re-used the numbers all the time including the 78 RPM numbers, and they
would have 12-inch versions of 10-inch with the same number but
different prefixes.  In the early 70s they started over from 100 on
their LPs!  They skipped over the numbers of several low number albums
still in print like Unforgettable.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com