[78-L] World constant velocity records--in action!

RUSSELL BARNES r.barnes4 at btopenworld.com
Mon May 28 00:40:34 PDT 2012

Some thirty-five years ago - here in Dorset, UK - I casually visited a small somewhat insignificant auction sale-room looking for records.   To my surprise on a table were some twenty 'World' constant linear velocity records and two strange gadgets, which I later discovered were speed controllers.      I stayed and purchased the collection.

I made enquiries through the Auctioneers and gathered they came from a Cottage here in the Dorset Countryside.   It had been the home of a (Mr. ?) Pemberton-Billing.

Noel Pemberton-Billing was, I gather, the inventor of the system.

The records I purchased ranged from Military Bands to Dance/Jazz style.   Among them was an original printed World catalogue listing.

Russ Barnes
Dorset, UK