[78-L] Dragnet Xmas Album (Was: Re: Rochester)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu May 24 11:48:41 PDT 2012

From: Michael Biel<mbiel at mbiel.com>

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> The last time I saw a copy change hands it went for $25, and that was the
> ten-inch lp..at least 25 years ago.

Fortunately the guy was frazzled enough by this time after trying to
find the four Melodiya 10-inch LPs in his google search, that he didn't
look for this on Popskie and ebay.  It HAS gone for 3 figures.  And the
45 version has two listing on popskie as well, but not as much since one
did not have the album cover.

> Of course you can get the tv episode (plus
> 24 others) in the Madacy DVD set, if that's still around.  dl

Is it in color on the DVD??  The liner notes indicate it was filmed in
color, and the sticker on the rear of my copy which "defaces" the liner
notes (I've downloaded and printed a photo of the rear cover so I can
read the notes) notes that the TV show was aired Dec 24, 1953 with the
radio airing two days EARLIER.  It is possible that it was aired in
color that first time, but I still have to do the research, but the
color film original probably still exists.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com