[78-L] Started buying 78s in...

Ted Kneebone tkneebone1 at abe.midco.net
Sun May 20 12:19:09 PDT 2012

I think the first 78 rpm disc I bought was in 1947,
at a second-hand store.  They had stacks of 10" and
12" discs, for 5c and 10c.  Then when I had saved up
money from painting screens and storm windows,
I ordered Bing Crosby and Al Goodman from Sears,
Roebuck.  With that order I also bought a package
of steel needles, a record brush, and an empty album.
I don't remember how much it was, but probably
about $10.  I sent them a money order.
    When the package arrived, I was on cloud 9
or something like that!
    The second hand discs were hit tunes of the
1920s and a lot of "gems" from operas by Prince's
orchestra and chorus.
    Ted
Ted Kneebone
1528 S. Grant Street