[78-L] Buddy Moreno

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue May 15 08:45:54 PDT 2012

Many thanks,  Kristjan.  The entire site looks like a treasure trove of
interesting material about dance bands and vocalists.

I have a special place in my heart for Buddy Moreno,  as he was on the first
78 I can remember listening to and playing myself (at age about
three!)...the Cosmo label issue of "In The Middle of May"  b/w "Surprise
Party."  Artist credit is "Four Chicks and Chuck with Buddy Moreno."  I own
several copies of it now but have still saved that original one from my
parent's collection.

"Chuck" was Chuck Goldstein formerly of The Modernaires...don't know who the
"Chicks" were but it's a super tight-harmony group,  ala the Clark Sisters
with Dorsey,  etc.

Taylor