[78-L] white label Victrola

Sean Miller smille1 at me.com
Mon May 14 09:52:35 PDT 2012

If they're pressings you have with "RCA Victor" at the bottom instead of the VTMCo, you have early 30s pressings which tend to be fantastically quiet, along the lines of "Z" shellac.  I grab these white label pressings any time I find them in clean condition, though, because they do tend to be nicer pressings, overall, even the VTMCo ones.  I've lucked into quite a number of the later pressings over the last couple of years.

Sean

On May 14, 2012, at 09:41 AM, Anthony G Pavick <pavukanton at gmail.com> wrote:

At 16:12 14/05/2012, DL wrote:
>Those were special orders. If a record was out of the catalog,
>they'd press up
>a copy for you with a typed label and charge you (double the list
>price, I think).
>
>dl

I got several of these for 25 cents a pop at Half Priced Books. All
opera on my case. One thing about them is that they sound fantastic.
I wonder why. Something special about the special pressing?