[78-L] Fw: More on Meredith Blake

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Thu May 10 16:44:21 PDT 2012

On 5/10/2012 3:16 PM, simmonssomer wrote:
> She joined Mitchell Ayres and His Fashions in Music circa Augusr 1941. First
> side,  "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire" Bluebird B-11275 on August
> 25, 1941.
> She went on  to record sixteen more sides with Ayres on Bluebird into July
> 31, 1942.
> ADBD stops on this date and I have no information on her beyond it....yet !

Check Gray Gordon on Bluebird. I find
*(Shout Wherever You May Be) I Am An American (M/L: Leonard Whitcup; Ira
Schuster; Paul Cunningham)*
Bluebird B 10783 (Meredith Blake, A. Perry and Chorus with Gray Gordon &
His Tic-Toc Rhythm)
*The Yankee Doodle Polka (M: Vernon Duke; L: Mitchell Parish):
*Bluebird B 10942 (Meredith Blake & Chorus with Gray Gordon & His
Tic-Toc Rhythm)

Grey Gordon Orch [feat. Art Perry and Meredith Blake] GENTLEMEN OF THE JURY

Mitchell Ayres here
http://www.letrs.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/hoagyrec-idx.pl?type=viewfull&q1=ALM4299&q2=&display=full
http://www.blujay.com/item/Mitchell-Ayres-78-Record-The-Nadocky-13040600-2063568
http://www.blujay.com/item/Mitchell-Ayres-78-Record-Oh-How-I-Miss-You-Tonight-13040600-2063201

AFRS with Shep Fields
http://radiogoldindex.com/cgi-local/p4.cgi?ArtistName=Blake,%20Meredith&ArtistNumber=30059
*The Next Time I Care (I'll Be Careful) (C: Bronislau Kaper):
*Victor 20-1751 (Meredith Blake and the Shep Fields Orchestra)
on Vogue with Shep
http://www.popsike.com/Vogue-The-Picture-Record-Shep-Fields-Jack-Prince-Sky/260858427358.html

Pretty girl
http://www.historyforsale.com/html/prodetails.asp?documentid=279934&start=1&page=59