[78-L] V-Disc Discography (was: 78-L Digest, Vol 43, Issue 39)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri May 4 13:06:53 PDT 2012

From: Jeff Sultanof <jeffsultanof at gmail.com>
> The Sears book is long out of print; I've only seen well-loved, battered
> copies in private homes. I hope it is reprinted and updated by someone
> someday.   Jeff Sultanof

I told Earl -- and he has decided to pass -- that there seem to be three
copies for sale in the world, one in NYC for $175, one in Germany for
$350, and another somewhere in the U.S. for $380.  And that does not
include the supplement which is going for similar prices.  I feel quite
lucky that I found one for about $90 a couple of years ago and already
had the supplement which had been sent to me as a review copy when it
was published.  Discographies are not cheap since the demise of the
Nostalgia Book Club.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com