[78-L] Cameo/ Parkway Records 78s in the Philippines (was Pye ..)

Anthony G Pavick pavukanton at gmail.com
Tue May 1 16:57:39 PDT 2012

There is a connection as some Pye stuff ended up on Cameo in the USA
.. most notably the Kink's first release, Long Tall Sally on Cameo.
The further connection being that Dyna products pressed them all.

That said, Cameo and Parkway 78s in the Philippines are great slice
of early 60s rock'n'roll featuring Bobby Rydell, Dee Dee Dee Sharpe,
The Orlons, and Chubby Checker. There were at least 84 Cameo 78s and
at least 65 Parkway.

Collecting them is complicated because Dyna had a habit of reusing
labels by pacing a sticker with the new song title over the old
title, without sticker the catalogue number. Therefore you will find
the Jo Anne Campbell 78 of Send Me The Pillow That You Dream On on
Cameo CMO-3035, its correct number, as well as on CMO-3038 with a
sticker for the title. CMO-3038 also exists with a sticker for her
release of Teenage Idol, which was actually released on CMO-3039. The
original title for unstickered labels of CMO-3038 is unknown to me.

I've tried to put together a listing of the Cameo/ Parkway 78s from
the Philippine's but the only source of info seems to be eBay, luck
and possibly a plane ticket to Manila