[78-L] He's got the whole world

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue May 1 13:32:22 PDT 2012

On 5/1/2012 3:17 PM, Julian Vein wrote:
> On 01/05/12 20:07, Cary Ginell wrote:
>> There is another possible version that predates these two -
>>
>> "The Whole World Is in His Hand" by Bessie Johnson, recording on OKeh 8765, 3/21/29
>>

>> Cary Ginell

> Yes, it's the same tune. It was reissued on Herwin LP 202. A rather
> repetitive performance.
>
>        Julian Vein

Bessie couldn't help it.

You want repetitive, try listening to both sides of "Holy Babe" (i.e. Go Where
I Send Thee) by Kelly Pace, Aaron Brown, Joe Green, Paul Hayes and Matthew
Johnson. I never made it all the way through (ditto for two-sided versions of
"7 Old Ladies Locked in the Lavatory" and most versions of "Barbara Allen").