[78-L] Velvet Tone (et al.) double-track series

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 15:35:47 PDT 2012

I remember hearing one side of that Lewis record.  It was the side with the
two titles from 2181-D, 'The lonesome road' and 'Dinah'.  I don't know
whether it was an engineering goof or a deliberate edit made for timing
considerations, but 'Lonesome road' omitted Ted's spoken 'I'll be on the
front door goin' out' at its end.