[78-L] Everybodys/The Electric questions

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 20:27:37 PDT 2012

The Everybodys label design is interesting, not only in how it imitates the Victor batwing
but in its use of a crowd of people--something I don't recall seeing on many other labels
(Master is another one):
http://www.mgthomas.co.uk/dancebands/Labels/LabelPhotos/Everbodys.jpg

Everybodys was one of the many record makes in the early- to mid-1920s that drew on
the Emerson/Consolidated pool of masters, but it also issued some sides from the
Blu-Disc/Up-to-Date output, including "Rainy Nights" by the Washingtonians. See here
for more info:
http://www.depanorama.net/dems/043f.htm

I have also read that some Everybodys discs were originals not issued elsewhere,
apparently in an SAH- matrix series. Does anyone know more about these, or if
there have ever been articles/discographies published on Everybodys?

As uncommon as Everybodys are, its apparent successor is found even less often. The
Electric also used a batwing design, but with just the label name and a few lightning bolts
as decoration. The numbering series appears to pick up where Everybodys left off
(although I might be wrong--it's been a while since I've read about them). Likewise, have
any articles/discographies been published about it?

-HA