[78-L] 78 era TV Theme songs

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Apr 24 13:33:24 PDT 2012

Hmm...I wouldn't call it one of the worst...mostly I only recall the really
good  TV themes...the two famous ones written by Earle Hagen and the two
biggies by Henry Mancini come to mind.

I've always liked the Bob Cummings Show theme...called "A Romantic Guy."

Here's a bit of it:   http://youtu.be/pxQXupqCCUs

Benny,  Burns & Allen,  and others used old standard tunes...and Gleason
stole his Melancholy Serenade  melody from a late 30s pop tune called
Through The Courtesy of Love.

I don't watch TV these days...do they even employ theme songs as they used
to?

Taylor