[78-L] Mike Curb (was Elgart's "Bandstand Boogie" [Was: Dick Clark gone] [fwd]

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 20:18:41 PDT 2012

I'm on the press list for Curb records and got the message below the day after Dick Clark died.:

"
MIKE CURB REACTS TO PASSING OF DICK CLARK
“I had the opportunity to work with Dick Clark for 50 years, beginning when I wrote the theme for American Bandstand.  He has clearly been the most important figure during my lifetime in the industry.”

I replied back that it should read "a theme" since AB did use a Curb theme for 5 years but went back to the Elgart piece with words by Barry Manilow. So on 30+ years, I'm not sure the Curb theme was that popular.

Steve Ramm