[78-L] Elgart's "Bandstand Boogie" [Was: Dick Clark gone]

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 18 19:44:05 PDT 2012

It definitely exists on 78. Don Keele found a copy among my stuff last month,
literally minutes after saying he'd never seen it. A number of sources put the
release date as 1952 but I'm seeing it as Columbia 40180, which would be a 1954
issue. 1952 is probably the year of composition. Among lots of other
misinformation out there, I'm told it's on Columbia CL 536 "Band of the Year"
but CL 536 is "Sophisticated Swing" which doesn't contain the track (Band of
the Year is the title of the album though..had it for years).

dl