[78-L] Dick Clark gone

Mike Daley mikedaley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:53:12 PDT 2012

I'm no expert on the payola subject, but if we think of payola as
conflict of interest with financial benefits, then Clark was just as
guilty as Freed. The big difference is that publishing royalties and
share dividends did not make for headlines like cash bribes.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/dick-clark-survives-the-payola-scandal