[78-L] Dick Clark gone

bruce78rpm at comcast.net bruce78rpm at comcast.net
Wed Apr 18 13:26:45 PDT 2012

How sad, There must be something "good" to say about him, now that he has passed. I never really cared that the entertainers lipsynched on bandstand as you were hearing Danny & the Juniors and Fabian and Frankie and all the rest just like they sounded on the records the DJ's played on the Radio, and bandstand was on every week day afternoon, and we enjoyed watching all the kids our age an older dancing to the music we listened to everyday , and rating the new songs, and Dick presenting the guest stars. So big deal, he was a shrewd and skillful businessman who knew how to self promote and make stars out of kids who needed a big break. I venture to say there are many many more former employees, and recording stars who loved and admired him and are grateful to him then those who, disliked him and thought of him as some sort of cheap cold hearted bastard. Just my opinion of course, but I thought I would throw in my positive 2 cents worth now that he is gone. I will always have fond memories of Bandstand, and of course it ran for 30 years, so he must have been doing something right.