[78-L] Picadilly 605

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Apr 14 01:04:06 PDT 2012

Anybody have a clue of the origin of this record,  which is the Picadilly DO
doing a fox trot version of Dancing With Tears in My Eyes?   Rust's British
Dance Bands just says that it's of American origin.

It isn't one of the listed Plaza masters,  as I have copies of both the
Kaufman vocal and the dance version by what sounds like a Joe Green...and
both of those are in waltz tempos.

Here it is on YOuTube..whoever posted it assumed that it was the one listed
in Rust,  but it's not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkMzKkSVV-g

Any info very much appreciated.  Also some differences of opinion on the
t-bone solo,  which I think is Charlie Butterfield.

Thanks to all!

Taylor