[78-L] the proper needle specs for playing 78s

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. rbratcherjr at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 11:29:07 PDT 2012

Kurt Nauck does www.78rpm.com on his web site. Other sites might sell them too but I don't know who they are. You don't have to buy all 6 (what are the 6 sizes anyway?) unless you really want to. I bought a 3, 2.8 & a 2.5 which seems to play pretty much all my 78's fairly well but then I'm just a listener & don't do restorations. For the fine groove stuff like those 7" Bell or the 2 & 3 song per side 78's I use an LP stylus.