[78-L] whats the best way to clean the lazer in a cd player

Don Cox doncox at enterprise.net
Tue Apr 10 10:37:13 PDT 2012

On 10/04/2012, David Lennick wrote:

> Could be that it's only happening on high speed dupes. Last time I
> played a real-time CD-R it was fine, but duped discs are giving me
> grief including the ones I do here and the ones sent to me of vintage
> radio programs, but I think those have other defects as well (possible
> warpage, possible problems with the labels).

What speed are you burning at?

I use 10x or 12x. My CD-Rs seem to last well.

Burned CD-Rs that have been sent to me have been very unreliable, and I
presume were burned at maximum speed.

Millenniata looks very promising, but so far they do only DVD size - I
would want CD and Blu-Ray sizes. CD for audio and Blu-Ray for archiving.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox at enterprise.net