[78-L] Record colecting and restoration

Ken Matheson kenmath at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 09:27:23 PDT 2012

The question of which software is best brings to
mind of a posting a while back of the suggestion
that we start Instructions on record collecting and
restoration on this list. The people of this list
probably have the best, and most knowledge of
this subject. If you have additions or corrections,
please feel free to contribute them. No one person
knows everything. All levels of collectors have good
ideas also.

I will try to start each week with a subject. If I forget
Or am unable, please feel free to continue.

1st week. Defining goals. The reasons you want to collect
and or restore old records.

2ed week. Obtaining records to restore.

3ed  week. Styles and Cartridges.

4th week. Turntables.

5th week. Preamps and mixers.

6th week. Recording devises. recorders and sound cards.

7th week. Software.

8th week. Output medium. CDs, MP3s, computer files, etc.

9th week. Record keeping.