[78-L] music making a big difference to residents in rest homes

Mike Daley mikedaley at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 13:47:14 PDT 2012

Just in the last few months I've started doing lecture/performances in
retirement homes around Toronto - 'The Life and Music of Irving
Berlin', Cole Porter, Richard Rodgers, etc. I do an hour of
anecdote-heavy biography punctuated with about 12-15 songs played and
sung live. The reaction has been great and it's been very personally
rewarding to me. This thread is giving me the idea of bringing in a
portable 78 player and spinning a few discs of the era. Could be fun.

Mike