[78-L] Vertical turntable

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. rbratcherjr at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 10:33:33 PDT 2012

I didn't know the Seeburg vertical turntable design was used till the late 1980's. Thats interesting. I knew they werre still using it in the 1960's as a friend of mine has an AY160 stereo machine with it. This is when Seeburg was starting to hide the turntable below with just a window showing it instead of leaving it exposed to view higher up in the M100 & others such as the late 50's 222 stereo jukebox. Really though I wouldn't mind owning the M100-A, the 222 plus the first home unit (78 rpm) SLBA-1 perhaps the industrial metal case version SICM too. Oh & I hate it when people convert 78 rpm jukeboxes to play 45's!!

Pictures of the SICM & SLBA units.

http://www.seeburgeds.com/models-78rpm.html

Couple videos of the 222 that are not mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Mma_YYAKg&feature=related

This one shows it with better light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcphbNA14qc&feature=relmfu

The 45 rpm home library unit. 200LU-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX5f94wAHOY&feature=plcp&context=C49d75f4VDvjVQa1PpcFOrq5PPXrBPDjpCAmSsj0Kux1U6Pj4RYno%3D

200C-1 home library unit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=783_dmuN83A&feature=plcp&context=C4b53468VDvjVQa1PpcFOrq5PPXrBPDnzRIKJRD5lbzr7jusDHk8c%3D

And of course the M100-A that plays 78's!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDPwaSvR780

Don't know who's version of Mr Sandman it's playing. Not the more common Chordettes version.