[78-L] Vertical turntable

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. rbratcherjr at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 08:15:14 PDT 2012

Seeburg jukeboxes had vertical turntables starting with the M100-A in 1948 through the 1960's that I know of. Perhaps in the 70's too.  The Seeburg home units from the 40's through the 60's had the same vertical turntable design. The first home unit was a very large 78 rpm machine (that also had an industrial counterpart) & it was the forerunner to the M100-A coin operatede jukebox which was Seeburg's last 78 rpm jukebox then they switched to 45 rpm both for the jukeboxes & the home units. There was also a big console home unit in the 1960's that played 33 rpm LP's with the same vertical turntable design.