[78-L] How was this recorded?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Mar 23 20:57:27 PDT 2012

This ghastly film clip has been bouncing around on Facebook today.

I've never heard Fisher this bad...he was famous for his problems with
staying on the beat,  but this is ridiculous.

My question...this is from Coke Time,  a little 15-minute TV show of the
early 50s...is he singing live with a live band?  or is he singing live to a
pre-recorded band and chorus?  I'm guessing it's the latter...how else could
he get so hoplessly messed up with the tempo?

The song is pretty hateful anyway,  although Como handles it well on his
record of it.

Any info appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWvjRSxKGRw&feature=share

Thanks from