[78-L] Old Geezers

Philip Carli Philip_Carli at pittsford.monroe.edu
Fri Mar 23 11:12:02 PDT 2012

Also, sometimes you can hear _too much_ listening to early records on modern machines.  Interesting as it is, do I really want to hear W. H. Squire banging the microphone in his recording of the Saint-Saens concerto with Harty only slightly (on the Credenza) or very loudly (with modern equalization or on an all-out transfer).  Engineers depended on contemporary playback helping them out, to a certain extent. PC